Have you heard of the Chicago Bulls and Michael Jordan? They are all representatives of the NBA (National Basketball Association), which organizes exciting basketball games in the United State of America. This organization has a great influence in the sports community, not only in USA but worldwide, because of their international achievement in the business operation. How can it be so popular around the world? It might because of its 5 marketing strategies.
- Firstly, the NBA prefers to form brand alliances with other famous brands, such as McDonald’s and Nokia.
- Secondly, it has begun to put some parts of Pre-Regular Season Games in China in order to attract more people.
- Thirdly, several Chinese players have been introduced into different teams of the NBA, for instance, the chief centre forward of China, Ming Yao.
- Fourthly, the NBA cooperates with CCTV-5 (the biggest sports channel in China) as their distribution in China. NBA gave CCTV the authority to broadcast its games and through CCTV, the NBA introduced not only its basketball but also its brand to the Chinese audiences.
- Finally, the NBA tries to develop their market in most Asian countries. In the nearest years, the NBA encourages many teenagers to play basketball and picks some of them to join the basketball teams.
In conclusion, the NBA’s 5 main marketing efforts on Asian countries and the developing marketing for Asian consumers have been successful. The NBA is the outstanding marketer indeed. As the organization knows that nowadays, the world is influenced by marketer, it’s very important to use marketing strategies in sport business. Especially, they must develop the largest market in Asian, like China, connect Asian connect the world.